Waxing season is upon us—which means it the perfect time to plan for Bikini or Brazilian waxing! So, what is the difference between Bikini and Brazilian waxing and which one is right for you? To avoid any confusion or uncertainty going forward—here’s how Face Fitness distinguishes the following waxes to remove down-there hair:
BIKINI LINE WAX- a basic tidying; we wax the sides (called your panty line) and across the top, so if you are wearing a bikini, this prevents any hairs from peeking out.
BRAZILIAN WAX- removes everything from front to back just like the day you born.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT BOTH SERVICES
- Super-quick treatments
- Both exfoliate the skin. How so? Waxing sheds any dry, dead skin cells camping out on the surface.
- You are smoother, longer than you would be if you tried another hair removal method, like say, shaving. Waxing removes hair from the root, while a razor merely cuts off hair at your skin’s surface.
- A Brazilian or bikini wax not only leaves your skin fantastically smooth, but your confidence will skyrocket.
So, as you dig out your favorite swimsuit, shorts, and sunscreen, don’t forget to add a professional wax from the estheticians at Face Fitness Skin Care to your to-do list. To help you get the most out of your wax, we’ve put together a handy list of do’s and don’ts for both pre- and post-treatment.
What to Do Before Brazilian or Bikini Waxing:
1.Grow your hair. A 1/4″ long is the length that works (the wax needs something to adhere to).
2.Exfoliate (not the day of, but a couple of times weekly before). This helps prevent the hair from becoming brittle and breaking during your wax. Plus, it trains the hair to point up in the correct fashion and prompts it to grow in the right direction.
3.Moisturize (all the time except for the day of your wax). Again, this provides soft skin and prevents the hair from becoming dry and brittle.
What to Do after Your Brazilian or Bikini Wax:
1.Stick to airy, loose-fitting clothes and skip the workout or anything involving heat-slash-sweat (from showers to sexual activity to tanning) to avoid any further skin irritation.
2. Utilize Soothing products like PFB Vanish to help combat issues like ingrown hairs.
3. Do NOT shave in between appointments to minimize break through hair growth.
So Brazilian vs Bikini wax: Which one’s for you? Either way, the estheticians at Face Fitness have got you covered! To schedule a waxing appointment, please call 631- 0964 or CLICK HERE.
Kathy Morell LE, LC, LMT