One thing that we cannot change is the natural aging process. Our environment and lifestyle choices can cause our skin to age prematurely. By taking some preventive actions, we can slow the effects of aging our skin. How do we do that? Here are some steps to take.
- Protect your skin from the sun every day. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with sun-protective clothing and using an SPF daily, applied 20 minutes before going outside.
- Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and stay away from sugar and carbohydrates. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Drink less alcohol. It dehydrates the skin and can accelerate the aging process.
- Exercise most days of the week. Findings from a few studies suggest that moderate exercise can improve circulation and boost the immune system.
- Wash your face twice a day, and after sweating heavily. Perspiration can irritate the skin and create bacterial build up that could encourage acne breakouts. Washing your skin as soon as possible after working outside, sports and exercise will increase the health of your skin.
- Stop using skin care products that sting or burn. It means your skin is irritated. Irritating your skin can make can break it down causing inflammation and aging of your skin.
- Be very care with anti-aging products during the summer! Glycolic acids, salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, and retinoids, can sensitize the skin. This can cause sun exposure to be intense and sunburns severe. Best time to use any anti-aging products is in the evening.
At Face Fitness Skin Care we take the environment seriously on the effects of your skin care routine. One of our favorite facials for the summer is our Derma-Planning treatment! It is a chemical free service and immediately your skin will look and feel amazing. It is perfect for that summer event, wedding, or prom!
Michelle Giamberdino LE, LC, CEO